In ‘Christmas at Rum Cove’, Chloe visits a Christmas Fayre which is full of delightful handmade Christmas items. You can make your own gifts too. Here is a recipe for chocolate truffles. These can be frozen or refrigerated. They will last up to 2 months refrigerated.
Ingredients for 12 truffles.
- 8 ounces chocolate, use at least 60%
- 1/2 cup of double cream
- For coating: cocoa powder, chocolate sprinkles, finely chopped hazelnuts or melted chocolate
- Finely chop the chocolate. A serrated knife will make this easy, and finely chopping the chocolate will help it melt more quickly and evenly.
- Heat the cream in the microwave. You can always heat the cream on the stove, but a few minutes in the microwave will get the cream hot enough to melt the chocolate.
- Cover the chocolate with the cream. Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate and stir to combine, then let the cream work on melting the chocolate while you get a pan to cool the ganache in.
- Cool the chocolate ganache before scooping and rolling. Once the chocolate is melted, whisk the ganache mixture until smooth and shiny. Then pour the ganache into a shallow pan to cool in the fridge. You can scoop the ganache into tablespoon-sized rounds after about 30 minutes. Work with gloves on to make the cleaning up easier.
Delicious! Why not give them a try.